If you are going for interview then this question might be asked.
1. Basic O/RM support with Database First approach.
2. It came with VS 2008 Sp1
1. POCO Support
2. Lazy loading
3. Testability improvements
4. customizable code generation and the Model First approach.
5. It came with VS 2010.
1. First to available of NuGet package
2. Simplified DBContext API over ObjectContext,
3. Code First approach.
4. EF 4.1.1 patch released with bug fixing of 4.1.
5. It came with VS 2010 with NuGet package.
1. Code First Migrations feature that allows a database created by Code First to be incrementally changed as your Code First model evolves.
EF 4.3.1 patch released with bug fixing of EF 4.3.
2. It came with VS 2010 with NuGet package.
1. Announced EF as Open Source.
2. Introduced Enum support,
3. Table-valued functions,
4. Spatial data types,
5. Multiple-diagrams per model,
6. Coloring of shapes on the design surface and batch import of stored procedures,
7. EF Power Tools and various performance improvements.
8. Precompile SP and View.
9. It came with VS 2012 with NuGet package.
1. Current release EF 6.0\6.1 is latest release of Entity Framework.
2. It includes many new features related to Code First & EF designer like asynchronous query & save,
3. Connection Resiliency,
4. Dependency resolution etc.
6. Better Transaction Support
7. Database command logging
8. Pluggable pluralisation and singularization service
9. It came with VS 2012 and VS 2013 with NuGet package.